Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to normal...

Hoping everyone had a great Christmas. It looks like Toys R Us vomited in our house, but I guess that's what's supposed to happen, right? LOL The kids were all sooooo lucky to have gotten such wonderful things this year. They've been really enjoying having some time home to play with everything.

Miss Samantha went back to the doctor on Friday. She weighed 4 lbs and 13 ozs. That's a whole pound more than when we brought her home from the hospital! The doctor was very proud of her. She has basically gained 25% of her body weight, which is a huge accomplishment. I'm guessing by now she's hit 5 pounds. She's averaging a gain of 1 ounce per day. And, the dotor was so happy with her progress that she doesn't have to go back for 2 weeks! This makes me very happy as the last time we were there we were the only healthy people in there.

Pete headed back to Tucson today - and we're all missing him. He'll be home on Thursdsay, though, so we're looking forward to that. I'm sure that the kids have a Nerf War planned for that day. They've discovered that Dad likes to play Nerf guns. So, we now have an arsenal of weapons and ammo. LOL During the last war Sam and I had to hide in her room - and, I still got hit! They set up with 2 people downstairs and 2 upstairs. Then, they shoot over the wall at each other. Needless to say, it's very loud and I can't look because I have visions of little boys toppling over the wall. I found PJ on a chair shooting over at his Dad. A little scary! So, I choose not to know what's going on - but, I did put a no chair rule in place before I went into hiding. Oh, and aside from my boys falling over the wall, I also have to worry about their father shooting them! LOL During the last war, as Jesse was talking, he got shot in the lip by his Dad! And, later as Pete is laughing telling me the story he tells me that Jesse got shot in the lip, started crying, and the dart stuck to his lip! He had to reach up and pull it off while he was crying! Mean Dad!!! haha

Oh, and I have to add a classic PJ quote for your entertainment...

Said after getting in trouble because I saw him chase after and throw a bat at his brother...

P-"I didn't do anything"
S- "I saw you throw a bat at your brother"
P- "Yes, but I MISSED!"
S- turns around to hide laughter...

Tay is back to her normal self these days. She was having withdrawals from her bff, Aubrey, I think. But, now that the holidays are over they are attached at the hip again. So, we've been subjected to 11 year old girls goofyness again. Which, my mother finds entertaining, but I find rather annoying. LOL But, Tay is happy and I guess I can grin and bear it, right?

1 comment:

thousand words photography said...

glad to hear all is getting back to normal. so happy about that little girl of yours!! she's quite amazing, huh?! take care and happy new year!!