Wednesday, December 31, 2008

5 pounds!!!

So, this morning before Miss Samantha had her bubble bath I weighed her. And guess what?!!?!?! A "5" appeared! 5 pounds and 4 ounces to be exact. I'm thinking my scale at home puts her a bit higher than at the Dr.'s office, but only by a few ounces. So, regardless, she is 5 pounds!!! She looks like a giant to me - and really, she has put on over a quarter of her body weight. Amazing!

Her growth is really confiming to me that we did the right thing. Of course, I have tremendous guilt about her beeing a preemie. I kept wondering "what if...". Well, before she was born she gained only 2-4 ounces in 2 weeks. Now she is gaining almost a pound in 2 weeks! So, I'm feeling better about our decision. She is doing so much better out than in. If we could have only avoided that yucky NICU stay!

So, today is New Years Eve. Tomorrow will be January - and the month our sweet baby was supposed to be born in. I do have to say I'm quite happy about her being a December baby. LOL It all seems so strange. I am just now starting to feel normal again. We walked to the park yesterday and then again to the mail in the evening. She saw some of the neighbor kids, and the boys were so proud to let their friends have a peek at her. It was so cute - PJ was showing off her birthmark. He told them it was her Angel Kiss. That's what I told him I was going to call it. I told him that God knew Sami was coming out too soon so he sent an angel to watch over her, and that her angel had kissed her before she came to us. I had no idea he would be telling that to his friends, but I think it was so sweet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! Steph, you are so fortunate that things worked out so well. Really, you should feel truly blessed that Sam has done so well. She is definitely not the norm for babies her size. I'm so happy for her!!