Monday, October 12, 2009

10 Months old!


Oops, I'm a little late. (But, the pic was taken on time!) And, I swear she is not a grumpy baby, I think this is her "figuring something out" look.

Miss Samantha is now 10 months old. And, she is wonderful! We are so lucky to have her as our baby. The big kids and I send all day playing and laughing with her. She truly loves her family. And, people in general. She loves to "call" to the little boys she sees in stores, and she will wave goodbye to the cashiers when we leave. She has also started to really like music. She will start bouncing if she hears a song that she likes. I am sure this will make her Dad really happy!

Sam has 3.5 teeth, I think. She's odd in that she doesn't like to pull your finger into her mouth to bite on. She wants me nowhere near her teeth. So, as far as I can tell the bottom tow are in and one top one. I"m guessing the other one is starting to pop through, too. She isn't crawling, but she moves around on her quilt by her toys by reaching really far and then scooting a bit on her bottom. I think. She is however, trying to pull-up on things. She will get on her knees but using toys for leverage and just a few days ago when I was weighing her she tried to pull up to stand!

She is the happiest baby I have ever known! It is rare for her to cry, and when she does it is more of a sad whimper. She enjoys playing on the floor next to her toy baskets. She will dig through them up to her elbows trying to get what she's after. She loves clapping, waving, telling us that she is "sooo big" and she will occasionally sign to me. I was getting more signs last month, though. I think that I need to be more consistent with her on that.

She is eating most anything these days. She loves fruit, and bread. She also enjoys turkey and CHEESE, fishies, crackers, bananas, pancakes and her new love is Stove Top stuffing!

I am so excited to see what is next with this little girl. Her brothers and sister just adore her and I know that they are excited to have her here for the holidays as well. Last year at this time our home was very tense. We knew something wasn't right with her and we were on the verge of starting our many trips to doctors. It was a very stressful time. So, we start this holiday season so grateful that we have our little angel here with us. I can't wait to see how these next few months go with all the kids here, happy and healthy.